The Government has confirmed that HM the Queen has signified her intention to confer lifelong Peerages to five individuals, who will all sit on the crossbenches in the House of Lords.
The new Peers are:
– The Right Honourable Sir Ian Duncan Burnett – Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales
– The Right Reverend and Right Honourable Richard Chartres, KCVO, DD – lately Bishop of London (1995 to 2017)
– The Right Honourable Sir Christopher Geidt, GCVO, KCB, OBE – Private Secretary to Her Majesty The Queen
– Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, QPM – lately Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis (2011 to 2017)
– General Sir Nicholas Houghton, GCB, CBE, ADC, Gen – lately Chief of the Defence Staff (2013 to 2016)